Help us change the world!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change
Our team is looking for a start-up rock star – someone who can turn an idea or concept into an offer that is both market-needs driven and has a compelling value proposition to the nonprofits we serve. The Director, New Services Development will provide thought leadership and manage all aspects and phases from exploration to the launch of new services. This will include developing business models, providing market insight, structuring offers through partnerships, creating business plans, developing value propositions, testing concepts and approaches, and coordinating across TechSoup departments to bring to market.
At TechSoup we work with organizations making a positive difference in the world, from supporting refugees, to exposing human rights abuses, to protecting endangered species. We are a band of dedicated, energetic technology advocates who believe that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. We are looking for someone to develop the new technology solutions and/or services that will support and sustain nonprofits’ work worldwide. Come join us!
- Provide thought leadership to new service development efforts including defining the strategy design and implementation..
- Lead enterprise wide complex or strategic projects to implement new services planning, pricing determination and implementation across the organization.
- Research and Identify nonprofit tech needs globally – identify and distinguish offer viability by country/region or language. Provide market insight and segmentation.
- Direct new services development and pricing for an existing or new service.
- Develop thorough understanding of how existing TechSoup offers or services are being used today.
- Develop new services from idea, to concept testing, to implementation and roll out.
- Identify potential new external partners (corporations, Foundations, NGOs, government entities, etc.) with whom we can co-create new services and offers.
- Develop relationships and negotiate partnership deals with external parties.
- Work with our global partner network to co-design the new offers to ensure relevance to the local market. Working with product owners on the partner side defines shared roadmaps and tracks toward successful launches.
- Write the business plans for new offers covering the operational and financial aspects of the program/offer, including forecasting program revenues, goals and objectives.
- Clearly outline the methodology for globalizing programs services to new markets – specifically for those programs services that first launch in one country with the intent of expanding to others.
- Leverage co-design and co-innovation principals to work with internal and external stakeholder to gather input on new services to be used to iterate and improve the offer.
- Develops methodology and initiates changes to policies and guideline which affect work, schedules and budgets. Provide cross-organizational leadership to launch services, globally where applicable, including driving requirements for and inputs from marketing, eligibility, fulfillment, customer service, and related functions.