About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
The Assistant Director Business Development reports to the Director, Employer Relations in the Career Management Center. The Assistant Director/Business Development partners with the Assistant Directors/industry Relationship Managers, the Manager or the Career Resource Center, and other CMC staff to create cultivate and develop relationships with employers seeking MBA talent at Kellogg. S/he develops data driven strategies and outreach plans to identify high potential employers who do not yet have well developed MBA talent pipelines. S/he advise CMC staff, students and partners on strategies for less structured, more customized job searches and market trends. Recruiter and student contact at multiple levels is integral to the success of this role. The successful applicant has superior written and verbal communication skills, and has significant presentation experience. The Assistant Director coordinates with professional clubs, the Kellogg Student Association, and other internal/external constituents on outreach and promoting the Kellogg brand while sharing development information.
Please note: Must be willing to travel up to 40%. Evenings and occasional weekends are required. Seasonal early mornings required.
- Initiate, cultivate, develop and track new recruiting relationships with employers interested in hiring Kellogg MBAs with a focus on those with growth potential and need for MBAs. Recommend strategies for growing employer relations to Director, Employer Relations and execute as directed.
- Assess existing relationships and work with employers to determine optimal recruiting strategies Facilitate employers' participation in Kellogg specific recruiting events, including Kellogg Networking Nights (KNN). Manage 3-4 KNN per year, as well as other events designed to facilitate interactions between employers and Kellogg students.
- Serve as lead administrator of Kellogg Job Board and CMC Salesforce/Chatter platform to insure flow of MBA level information and opportunities.
- Conduct visits to employer partners and new business leads to reinforce relationship and seek new opportunities across student populations.
- Meet regularly with professional club leaders to review student interest trends and coordinate outreach strategies.
- Provide students via Chatter and other media with employer relationship development updates and market trends.
- Provide student training for diversity conferences in conjunction with Coaches. Attend select diversity conferences to develop employer relationships and serve as student liaison.
- Attend select student treks.
- Participate in student facing programming and media development as needed.
- Provide market updates and solicit student facing feedback with CMC staff including IRMs and Coaches.
- Serve as liaison to key internal constituents, including External Relations, Corporate Partnerships, and select academic centers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.