About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
The Associate Director of Admissions Operations will be responsible for leading the operations for Kellogg’s Admissions organization inclusive of the Full-Time, Part-Time and Executive MBA programs. Charged with delivering a best-in-class experience for all prospective students and stakeholders engaged with Kellogg Admissions, this position will report to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid and will work in close partnership with the Directors of the Full-Time, Part-Time and Executive MBA programs to collaborate and build processes to ensure we are communicating effectively with our prospective students, applicants and key stakeholders. The Associate Director of Admissions Operations will be responsible for the strategic planning of Admissions operations, implementation of process improvements and guiding the integration of our Admissions operations across all three MBA programs.
Please Note:Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends during the peak recruitment and application season.
- Leads a diverse team of 9 staff in all activities related to the process and review of graduate applications to Kellogg.
- Sets standards of performance for individual staff, defining goals for the department, and collaborating with other Admissions Office leaders to ensure accurate and efficient workflow.
- Coordinates and manages the workflow related to processing 5500+ applications.
- Distributes work assignments.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates Operational Staff.
- Manages Admissions data tracking and collaborates with the Program Directors for data reporting needs
- Partners with Assistant Dean and Program Directors to design and implement departmental retreats and team development initiatives.
- Collaborates with Kellogg Admissions Program Offices and Directors to define, implement and disseminate operational procedures and policies.
- Partners with the Assistant Dean, Program Offices, Operational Staff and Kellogg Information Systems (KIS) to continuously evaluate current processes and procedures.
- Investigates and manages the implementation of new technologies to improve the admissions process; makes recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of work flow.
- Responds to inquiries about the application process, policies or requirements from internal and external constituents.
- Partners with the Assistant Dean of Admissions to drive key admissions initiatives and achieve the overall strategic goals of the admissions team at Kellogg.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and participate in Admissions Processing Operations across all MBA programs.
- Lead process and technology improvements.
- Train, develop and evaluate staff.
- Collaborate with student organizations, other Kellogg departments, fellow admissions team members and the Assistant Dean to support key admissions initiatives and to contribute to the strategic goals of the admissions team at Kellogg.
- Performs other duties as assigned.