The Manager Business Partner marketing and Industry Analyst Relations is responsible for managing the joint marketing programs and messaging with our Strategic Alliances. Additionally the position is responsible for the management of our engagement with the relevant industry analysts firms. For partner marketing responsibilities the position will work closely with Alliance Managers, Global Marketing and the partner marketing resources to ensure alignment with our business goals and capabilities and driving them towards advocacy. For the Industry Analysts the position will be responsible to prioritize, schedule and manage two-way communications with industry analyst firms, ensuring timely and effective engagement.
This role is responsible for supporting the commercial marketing activities with RA's strategic alliances. In support of GBD's Business Partnering, act as a central point of coordination for planning, developing and deploying commercial marketing programs. Ability to create and communicate the value of our relationship in a differentiated fashion is a key element of the position. Key interfaces will include RA marketing functions in the BU's and GSM, as well as counterparts within the alliance partner. Activities are to be developed executed and tracked via an annual commercial plan. Coordinate marketing spend around the alliance with an emphasis on gaining at least a 1:1 ratio of spend from the alliance partner. Work closely to ensure that
Ensure proactive engagement and solid understanding with analysts' firms and our business management, by articulating RA's strengths, capabilities, domain expertise and differentiation elements of our go-to-market strategy. Create positive recognition for our expanding scope of delivery, driving their advocacy of Rockwell Automation. Manage the flow of information as well as relations activities. Develop strategies and implement programs to keep the industry analysts current on our company performance and capabilities.
Two way communications and relationship management is critical for both aspects of the job. Manage annual commercial plan / schedule for both Strategic Alliances and Industry analysts based on RA strategic priorities. The position is responsible for proactive distribution of analyst reports and partner marketing material. Vehicles may include: our external website, internal sites like Noggin,RAIN articles and updates in e-communications vehicles. Manage RA's annual spend with the partners and analysts (both GBD funds and those from the businesses or GSM). Logistically manage multiple calendars and insure efficient use of Sr. Management's time.
-At least 5 years of experience in industrial automation marketing.
-Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, or Communications-related field required.
-Strong project management experience and presentation skills (presentation type of software) required, along with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
-Ability to travel at least 20-25% mainly domestic, and some international travel.
-At least 2 years of industry analyst working experience and Rockwell Automation experience preferred.
-Strong strategic skills, as well as writing and summary proficiencies.
- Understand Business Unit goals and have good understanding of our capabilities, especially in our growth initiative in our growth areas.
- Vendor management is key. Yearly contracts need to be negotiated; ensure full value from dollar contributions.
- Work on issues of diverse nature given the very broad scope of capabilities and coverage within our businesses of the current and anticipated Strategic Alliance partners.
- Must be able to develop a deep understanding of strategic alliance partners especially their key messages and go to market strategies.
- Possess the ability to multitask due to environment that varies from alliance to alliance.
- Act as a front-line filter and amplifier for information received from analysts and alliance contacts insuring that relevant information is fed to appropriate internal audiences in a clear and timely fashion.
- Ensure buy in by leveraging and working with GSM as well as BU Communicators and Public Relations firm. Communicate these internally as well.
- Define, maintain and strive to improve metrics for program success.
- Control expenses.
- Provide logistics required: calendaring, teams and meeting facilitation, run meetings and in a demanding, matrixed environment. Responsible for invoices and payables.
- Have contemporary knowledge of digital marketing tools and strategies be an effective message developer.
- Have strong internal network of marketing contacts within GSM and our key vendors.
- When applicable, proactively be involved with customer research, market surveys, focus groups, competitive analyses and other activities that assess and enhance the health of the Rockwell Automation brand.
- Frequently interact with other supervisors, customers and / or different functional groups to provide complete and compelling information set for targeted audience.
- Build and lead teams of appropriate resources (alliance members, subject matter experts, staff, and services, communication partners) to execute projects.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Periodically make presentations updating constituents. Speak before marketing and business leadership and other company teams and management groups when requested. Present status reports to senior management when appropriate.
- Act in an independent environment.
- In some instances, be responsible for programs with others not under direct control.
- When dealing with alliances or analysts, act as spokesman for the company. Will be responsible for creating and occasionally delivering presentations.
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.