- This position is based in the Global Finance Operations general accounting department. It will be responsible for handling general accounting transactions, various accruals and analysis, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations for all North America. This position will also provide support for key projects, process improvements, system enhancements and SAP system implementations.
- Participate in the accurate and timely closing of the monthly and annual financial figures
- Complete monthly and annual assigned financial close tasks, including preparation and posting of journal entries and submission of financial information into Hyperion database with monthly results
- Investigate accounting discrepancies and attend to customer inquiries
- Accountable for the appropriate use of Balance Sheet accounts in compliance with policies and regulations
- Complete monthly assigned account reconciliations by providing proper analysis and support
- Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis
- Participate in the execution and improvement of global accounting processes
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Ensure all processes are appropriately documented and assist in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Identify productivity improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Provides support for financial system implementations
- Acts as a resource in the training of other team members
- Provides customer services such as investigating variances, providing detail of departmental charges and advising of financial procedures.
- Through collaboration and teamwork, continues to leverage companywide resources via further migration of the Global Finance Operations model.
- Supports the goal of providing outstanding customer service while maintaining financial systems of high integrity, ethical conduct and compliance with Company policies.
- BS / BA in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years accounting related experience
- Strong Excel computer skills
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Self-initiative to continually expand knowledge, and process improve own activities and duties
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills
- Desire and ability to independently take on new responsibilities
- Knowledge of SAP or Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Automotive, Entertainment, Fibers & Textiles, Food & Beverage, Household & Personal Care, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Marine, Metals, Mining, Minerals & Cement, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Print & Publishing, Pulp & Paper, Semiconductor & Electronics, Tire & Rubber, Water Wastewater
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.