|The Rockwell Automation facility in Houston is a part of its global Oil/Gas Services and Solutions business unit, which focuses in delivering state-of-the-art, high value added solutions to its customers across the different segments of the oil/gas business. It is specialized in process safety and is constantly growing its competencies in providing process control and optimization systems, what requires in-depth understanding of the business and technical challenges, industrial processes, equipment performance and application characteristics, as well as of the competitive environment of this industry segment.|
The Project Engineer is responsible for leading the technical execution of the project from the concept phase through detailed design, factory testing and site installation, detailing the technical solution, defining the design execution strategy and overseeing the work as it progresses through the different stages of its life-cycle. This role is seen as a leader on the engineering team and a subject matter expert inLNG, terminals or gas processing.
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
- Provides technical support and guidance to Sales and Estimating groups in the pursuit of business. May attend Customer review meetings to provide technical input and solutions during the sales effort and during project execution.
- Coaches and helps develop less-experienced engineers and contractors assigned to projects.
- Serve as a technical interface with the customer for assigned projects
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction
- Interacts with project management, hardware design, software configuration, purchasing, and assembly personnel in support of project efforts.
- Obtains product technical information from other business units of Rockwell Automation as required.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, ensuring design quality and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
- Provide support of proposal efforts or customer presentations.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with implementation of process control systems in the oil/gas industry (specifically LNG, terminals or gas processing plants).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project management in complex customer situations.
- Proven track record of leading and developing others.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must have excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to drive results through others, even without having direct reporting lines with the team
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment, especially in dealing with remote engineering offices located abroad
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments.
- Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
Houston - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.