SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION
The Regional Pricing Manager (RPM) is the key Rockwell Automation regional pricing leader and will provide leadership, direction, oversight and training to manage all aspects of the pricing function within their assigned geographical region. As the functional lead, the RPM is expected, together with local Sales and Product Management, to effectively manage our regional growth and profitability.
The Regional Pricing Manager must have an understanding of pricing theory and practice, including price realization and price elasticity. A demonstrated ability to drive value creation through effective pricing decisions is required. The ability to lead a dispersed regional team with a focus on process standardization and delivery of goals is required.
The RPM must also have excellent written and analytical skills and be thoroughly familiar with a broad range of PC-based software tools. Knowledge of Rockwell Automation's product structure, product lines, discounting and channel policies and procedures a plus. Should be an engaged listener and have well developed sales skills.
- Manages the pricing strategy for the region.
- Oversees and manages the Regional Pricing Managers and Specialists
- Administers pricing tools and data management and delivery in collaboration with US HQ.
- Management of channel pricing and channel pricing tools.
- Delegation of Authority controls, communication and governance.
- Special Pricing Request authorizations and approvals.
- Pricing program execution, review and reporting.
- Managing customer-facing negotiations.
- Program risk review approval and escalation.
- Reporting of pricing metrics to Regional Sales Leadership
- Implement and standardize the Global Negotiations Process across the region
- Achieve Price Realization Goals
- Optimize End to End Pricing Cycle Time
- Delivery of required Pricing and process training collateral to Sales & Distributors
- Provides the regional pricing strategy and communicates this strategy both within the region and across Rockwell Automation.
- Develops pricing leaders within the organization and region.
- Effectively drives and manages change within the organization.
- Serves as an Intellectual Asset to the Company through providing strategic data and metrics to Sales, Product Management and Pricing Leadership
- Collaborates with and adds value to Regional Sales Leadership on Pricing processes, metrics and initiatives
- Works effectively with local sales, product and business management. Escalates pricing issues to the appropriate levels when necessary.
- Working with Product Management, provides competitive information and analysis in support of new product launches.
- Considered the key go-to regional resource for all pricing issues.
- Exudes a professional presence to team, sales leadership and customers
- Collaborates effectively with Key Stake Holders
- Manages the day to day activities of the regional pricing managers.
- Provides customer performance metrics relative to Price Realization & Process Cycle Time
- Provides consulting regarding price elasticity / realization and win-probability.
- Provides monthly review and reports as required including average selling prices, price realization and global negotiation process status.
- Delivers AOP price realization.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred Economics, Engineering, Marketing or Finance.)
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial business-to-business or marketing experience or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Pricing and/or financial/business analysis.
- Experience in commercially oriented Business to Business transactions including customer negotiations.
- Rockwell Automation specific product and channel experience
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Weston - Florida
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.