SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing system engineering for automation process control projects based on programmable controllers, drives, motor control centers, operator/field device, instrumentation, etc. Designs, defines and implements, tests and the startup phases of complex systems projects. complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Develops and recommends corrective actions. Be a contributing part of a project team but also responsible to direct, lead, assign tasks, and review all assigned engineering personnel and their assigned tasks for a project including monitoring their results, performance, tracking hour usage on projects. Prepare and organize assigned projects and work closely with the Project Manager to maintain and lower project costs, while providing the highest level of quality. Must have strong technical skills relating to the deployment of Information, Process, and Batch solutions to customers within the Life Sciences Industry. The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work. This will include providing control system architectures, detailed design, hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The individual should have expertise in PLC coding (RSLogix5000), HMI development (FactoryTalkView SE/ME), Batch Control (FTBatch), Historian (FTHistorian), and other control system technologies.
Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture. Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
Uses technologies used in standard offerings, new applications and extensions of current architectures or software packages. Identifies and communicates potential application solution or technology-related best practices.
Assist Project Manager with technical issues and determine changes which may/can have commercial/scheduling impact.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor resources for projects including setting and managing time-scales and budgets.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Takes the Lead role in technical activities, will direct the activities of others assigned to customer projects, organizes, assigns, reviews software development, direct functional specification development, and planning for integrated customer witness testing.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented
- Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline. Electrical and/or Chemical Engineering are preferred.
Minimum of 8 years experience in the design and implementation of PLC based batch process control systems, packaging line integration and OEM integration in the Life Science marketplace and knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Minimum of 8 years experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support
Minimum of 8 years experience with object based control system design methods
Minimum of 3 years experience in requirements to design traceability and application software under GEP or GAMP philosophy.
- Must have the ability to travel an average of about 25% of the time; however, travel can flex up to 50% a few times per year.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged
Must have excellent conflict resolution skills
Further education in engineering, computer science or project management is a plus.
- Control System Architecture Design (Client Server); including Virtual Client Server design experience preferred
- Knowledge with applications involving Biotech cell culture processes, Formulation and filling, Serialization, and Oral Solid Dosage
- Experience with RA Products hardware and software product suites (ControlLogix, Logix 5000, FT View, FTBatch, FT Historian and FT VantagePoint.)
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
San Francisco - California
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.