Your Future at Rockwell Automation:
You don't have to be a control engineer to work at the leading Industrial Automation company! Join our Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team and be part of the new chapter of the Fortune 500 Company with over 110 years history. Automation has changed more in the last 20 years than in the previous 100 and we are having fun to be part of the change. As that pace keeps accelerating, we focus our inorganic growth in new innovation, new technology, new business model that will make the world more productive and sustainable.
To make our vision a reality, we are seeking a professional with a proven track record in deal-making, project management, business valuation and financial acumen. The successful applicant will be driven, detail-oriented with strong relationship-building skill.
This job provides a unique opportunity to be in the center of the company growth strategy as well as tremendous visibility to the leadership team. This job requires interaction internally and externally, with an extremely diverse group, including internal BU leadership, functional leadership, internal and external legal counsels, target companies, bankers, and business brokers etc.
The Sr. Analyst of Corporate Development provides project management, research and analytical support, valuation analysis and M&A opportunities evaluation in support of M&A activities of Rockwell Automation and its various business units on a global basis. This person will work directly with business leaders and functional leaders within the company as well as target companies, external legal counsels, bankers, and other parties in the broader M&A ecosystem.
- Coordinate and execute the merger, acquisition and divesture activities including pipeline building, due diligence, negotiation, and integration.
- Provide valuation modeling support by applying core DCF modeling techniques.
- Prepare deal documents and design of key terms of legal agreements.
- Assist in the development of growth strategy and business case development by working with Global Business Development and BU leads.
- Conduct company profiling, competitive/industry benchmarking, competitive intelligence and market analysis related to competitive and complementary merger, acquisition, divestiture and strategic partnering activities.
- Manage on-going acquisition opportunity vetting process and reporting.
- Manage quarterly acquisition reviews, historical acquisition performance tracking and monthly pipeline reporting.
- Support the development, preparation, and finalization of presentations submitted to the Board of Directors on behalf of Corporate Development.
- Drive the M&A process improvement activities, including development of standardized tools and processes and education of stakeholders.
- Monitor M&A activities of key competitors and market players as well as general M&A market including multiple trending, deal volume and value, etc.
- Other administrative support including virtual data room management, 3rd party database contract management, and NDA process.
Key Competencies & Other Skills:
- Superior analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Superior project management skills
- Solid finance and accounting knowledge
- Basic understanding of deal and tax structuring implications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong relationship-building skill with other BU and functional areas for effective execution of deliverables
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Self-initiative to continually expand knowledge, and process improve own activities and duties
- Impeccable, exceptional attention to detail
- Education: B.S. or B.A. in Finance or Accounting or related business field
- Demonstrated knowledge of mergers and acquisitions
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Experience in business development or corporate development preferred
- SAP, Hyperion and HFM experience a plus
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.