At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
We are seeking an Account Manager, Fluid Cracking Catalyst to join our BASF Refining Catalysts (FCC Catalyst) team. The Refining Catalysts Team supplies fluid cracking catalyst, additives, and technical support of products to the oil refining business throughout the world. The catalysts are used to convert the heavy fraction of crude oil to useable and more valuable products to be used as fuels (gasoline and heating oil) and chemical feedstocks (propylene and butylene).
Account Manager, Fluid Cracking Catalyst (1604014)
You would manage all aspects of the accounts and customer relationships for assigned refining customer and business activities to meet sales, market share and profitability targets. You will have accountability for all commercial and technical service activities related to the assigned FCC Catalysts accounts.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Implement key strategic activities aimed at appropriately positioning and accelerating the commercialization BASF refining catalysts to the assigned marketplace.
- Identify new business opportunities and the enhancement of existing customer relationships, market share and profitability.
- Conduct appropriate collection, analysis and interpretation of data and information as it relates to competitive analysis, market intelligence, trends and benchmarking activities.
- Implement strategies relative to product positioning and pricing to maximize market penetration.
- Conduct activities to provide key sales forecasting, analysis, pricing and other business terms and account management.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting BASF products, technology, innovation and goodwill within the region.
- Evaluate requests for proposal, prepares, responds and presents BASF's commercial packages to develop and improve new and existing customer relationships.
- Work with refining technical and operational team to advise and assist with technical troubleshooting, offering consultation and implementing modeling scenarios and capabilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer personnel, as well as key external stakeholders to enhance commercial effectiveness and results and manages all relationships between the regional refineries and BASF.
**Location of position: Houston is preferred, but open to remote location as well.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.