Supply Chain Planner III-1700346
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner III to manage the efficient scheduling of Emulsion, Resin Cut, and SGO products, turning customer demand into an executable plan for the Production team that delivers high reliability at the optimal cost. The scheduling is typically done as a team with another Supply Chain Planner on the WYDR team, with one focused on Emulsion & Resin Cuts while the other does SGO Resins and reporting, providing backup in the absence of the other.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiber bonding, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visit http://www.basf.us/dpsolutions
Supply Chain Planner III (1700346)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Convert the production demand plan into an executable schedule that meets customer reliability goals.
- Maximize operational efficiency, quality and reliability through optimal scheduling of production assets.
- Respond 24/7 to plant issues, raw material constraints, quality deviations, carrier problems, and/or last-minute customer changes to minimize the overall impact on delivery reliability and cost.
- Monitor adherence to schedule, projecting current performance out 3-7 days and taking action to minimize disruptions in supply looking forward.
- Manage dysfunctional inventory levels, seeking opportunities to rework these materials and minimize waste; understands impact of scheduling on quality and plans accordingly.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Logistics Group Leader to overcome obstacles to meeting 99% on time ready to ship goal, leading teams to get to root causes and sustainable improvements at all points of the supply and order fulfillment process.
- Serve as backup for the Operations Supply Chain Planner in their absence
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BA/BS degree required with Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field preferred and 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, or related field like Customer Care, Product Management, Project Management, IT, Procurement, Operations, Production required. At least 10 years of directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A thorough knowledge of production scheduling with experience in managing inventory. Some technical skills are needed to understand requirements regarding tank storage facilities, pipelines, docks, barges, ships, trucks, and railcars.
- Excellent organizational and collaborative skills with ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks, effectively. Strong communications skills are needed when working with our suppliers, procurement, other planners, operations, and site logistics.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Access, SAP R/3 ERP, OMP+, PIMS, and DCS-Interfaces.
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic and complex work environment in a time sensitive manner
- Ability to establish a plan and drive it to execution to successfully deliver results to meet or exceed business objectives
- Excellent internal and external customer focus
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America