Technical Service Manager, Americas - Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)-1604169
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Regional Technical Services Manager to join our team.
Regional Technical Services Manager (1604169)
You will lead the technical service efforts to better serve our existing/potential customers in the Americas region and contribute to technical service activities in the global scale as a member of the global technical services team. Key responsibilities would include providing operations and troubleshooting expertise, developing/maintaining network of industry contacts (customers, technology licensors, consultants), and supporting marketing/communication efforts. You are also expected to serve as a member of the Product Selection Team (PST) to ensure (through unit/operations know-how as well as modelling/simulation expertise) that all custom-formulated Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) catalysts are technically suited to customer needs in the region.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop and implement technical service best practices to support the FCC business in the Americas region.
- Contribute, as a member of the Global Technology and Technical Services Team, to joint efforts in the global scale, and communicate the technical service best practices to support global FCC business.
- Provide operations and troubleshooting expertise to our FCC customers in the region as needed to address non routine operating or technical issues, work with the global team to provide same.
- Work with our network of external FCC consultants in the region to ensure they are being used as necessary while also controlling external costs.
- Support technology and technical service marketing/communication efforts through participation in regional seminars including generation of source materials and presentations, and through technical industry publications.
- Ensure, as a member of the Product Selection Team (PST) of G-CCP/R, all custom-formulated FCC catalysts are technically suited to customer needs in the region.
- Ensure technical service standards for CCR customers in the region are maintained at a high level, which include:
- Yield estimates
- Unit monitoring reports
- Models & tech tools
- Take part in interactions with FCC Licensors, especially with those in the region (UOP, Technip, KBR, etc.)
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in refining industry, at least seven directly involved in FCC. Experience can be in refining operations, technical service, process design or licensing. Can include operating companies, licensing and design companies, or product and service providers.
- Ability to quickly become a recognized industry FCC technical expert.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking).
- Must be willing to travel 40% of the time.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Iselin
Other Locations: US-TX-Houston
Function: APTE - Appl. Technology
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts