Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. Our success as a company relies on the personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
With about 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries, BASF's Construction Chemicals division is the leading supplier of chemical systems and formulations for customers from the construction industry.
This is where you come in
BASF is currently seeking a Sales Specialist in Power & Industry for Construction Systems covering the Houston Region.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Power & Industry Sales Specialist will be responsible to develop new business in the power generation and industrial segments through existing and potential customer base and lead the development of customer relationships at all levels. The successful candidate will perform all necessary sales and marketing activities for targeted segments involving core product growth in such a manner as to facilitate project-oriented sales.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Complete and maintaining a comprehensive SOP (Sales Operating Plan).
- Provide Strategic Account Management within the region.
- Establish and maintain product approvals and stating QPLs with strategic power and energy accounts.
- Project tracking and project control process system.
- Continuously developing contractor network and relationships establishing primary supply position with each.
- Develop and maintain relationships and presence with design professional to maximize specifications penetration.
- Constantly sharpening the saw, continually developing technical knowledge and professional selling skills.
- Solve design and application issues/problems for customers (engineers, contractors, etc. all customer types).
- Train, influence and assist contractors and owner employees in best practices in successful bidding and application.
- Introduce and perform physical demonstrations of our product offerings to potential customers.
- Assist market segment managers by providing voice of customer and competitive market information.
- Maintain and develop appropriate distribution partnership relationships.
- Supply pricing for the defined segment.
- Maintain quality and compliant investigation and resolution for your product set.
- Be responsible for timely reporting, delivering sales results (top-and bottom-line) and managing territory to the expense budget.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.