We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Safely and efficiently maintains, trouble-shoots, repairs, and installs plant instrumentation, electrical, stationary and rotating equipment for all areas of the plant in an effort to improve reliability and minimize production downtime. Works with direction from supervision as necessary to perform highly accurate work. As a member of the Maintenance Team, required to interface with all departments including: Engineering (Process and Project), Operations, Logistics, and the Laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work in a safe manner, thus preventing injury to self or others and in compliance and strict adherence to site and company policies and practices
Respond to plant reliability problems and needs during weekends and "off" hours, including the use of a cellular phone.
Install, maintain, trouble-shoot, and repair industrial fixed, rotating, electrical, and instrumentation equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, and instrument transmitters.
Maintain utility equipment such as boilers and cooling towers through chemical treatment, testing, etc to provide reliable utilities for the safe and efficient operation of the plant process equipment
Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, construct, and install stationary equipment such as piping, valves, and relief valves to eliminate and prevent leaks of potentially hazardous materials
Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, and install both centrifugal and positive displacement pumps to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment
Utilize piping and instrumentation diagrams, connection diagrams, tubing diagrams, specifications and installation procedures to install, calibrate, diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of process control instrumentation systems
Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand a distributed control system to perform detailed preventative maintenance procedures to verify interlocks for OSHA Process Safety Management processes
Follow the maintenance process requirements, which includes utilizing the maintenance management software (SAP) to identify equipment problems, obtain parts, document findings, track personal labor hours on jobs, capture repair history, etc.
Utilize electrical drawings, instrumentation loop sheets, P&ID's, and equipment records to perform efficient and accurate work. Also assists with the maintenance of this technical information.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Demonstrate maintenance technical skills such as trouble-shooting, instrumentation calibration/repair, rotating equipment maintenance/repair, electrical equipment knowledge, piping installation, etc.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and open mindedness.
- Possess the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Good organizational and communication (written/oral) skills.
- Strong level of basic computer skills desirable.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional behavior, displaying patience and respect for others.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Must be capable of routinely walking, standing, climbing ladders.
- Must be capable of lifting and walking with weights up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment - fork truck, aerial lifts, etc.
- Familiarity with engineering codes and standards preferred.
- The individual will be very safety conscious when working with and around chemicals.
- The individual must show initiative, have excellent attention to detail, be results oriented and customer focused
- The individual must possess the willingness and ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
- The individual must also have basic computer skills and a willingness and ability to learn computer systems in use by BASF (SAP).
- Associates degree in a related maintenance field (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics, etc), or
- Minimum of six years of experience in a related maintenance field (maintenance mechanic, instrumentation technician, etc).
Primary Location: US-SC-Spartanburg
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals