At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
As the world's leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range of consumer industries - for example the automotive, construction, and food industries.
Of course, this offers a vast number of opportunities for marketing professionals. Our marketing teams act as a link between BASF and the global market, with its ever-changing demands. Reacting to these changes quickly and efficiently requires market transparency. In marketing, you are responsible for product and industry segments and consolidate BASF's global market leadership in close collaboration with our sales teams in the business units.
We are seeking Commercial Key Account Specialist to join our Global Hygiene Group in Charlotte, NC, and is a strong professional with demonstrated experience in sales or sales-related activities. The role is seen as an ideal opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their ability to develop and implement business strategies in a diverse and global business.
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Commercial Key Account Specialist (1700365)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead the commercial transactions of the Global Key Account and coordinating with the regional teams for activities surrounding the selling of products globally.
- Support the development and implementation of the overall strategy for the Global Key Account in line with the strategic directions of the Global Hygiene Business.
- Initiate and maintain key customer relationships within procurement, supply chain, production planning, and logistics in the North American region.
- Support the completion of market information requests from Global Marketing and Regional Business Managers. Maintain competitive market share information through analysis of import statistics and customer intelligence.
- Provide production forecasting information globally including generating monthly APO files, inventory monitoring and management, S&OP meeting support and production planning support.
- Lead the monthly and yearly budgeting process for the Global Key Account.
- Calculate and communicate quarterly pricing internally and with the customer.
- Monitor accounts receivables and help to resolve any overdue issues with the customer.
- Monitor NCM/customer complaints and help to resolve issues where possible.
- Coordinate the commercial reporting to the Global Key Account Manager with monthly, daily, and regional forecast, production planning coordination, and actual sales vs. forecast.
- Support Special Projects (i.e., supply chain optimization, regional and global marketing initiatives)
This development position is an accelerated development experience for candidates who require a cross business and/or cross functional assignment based on their development goals. Candidate should have track record of getting results in first time, diverse, changing conditions and demonstrating high performance over time. Due to the development nature of this role, time in role is between 24-36 months.
Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
What's more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you'll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Don't just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!