Account Manager- Pacific Northwest-1700375
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*** The preferred candidate will live in Seattle, WA or the Pacific Northwest.
The Account Manager Job is a critical interface between BASF and the Customer. Key responsibilities include: Margin management, Accounts Receivables, New product introductions and new product launch coordination, customer demand forecasting, and relationship building.
Coordinate the business direction of assigned Accounts. Key areas of focus will include:
- Lead in developing and managing the entire relationship / interface between BASF Lubricant Solutions and the Customer for sales of Base Stocks & Metal Working Fluids, Lubricant Oil Additives and Compounded lubricants.
- Grow new business within existing Accounts
- Successfully gain new Customers in the Region Hunting
- Define, establish and drive implementation of the SBU strategy for the assigned Accounts in line with the strategic directions of the Business Unit.
- Set and achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Establish account plans, and manage account value according to Budget Targets
- Lead and conduct effectively contract negotiations at assigned Account together with business team
- Empowered to take all needed decisions and commit resources within BASF/OD guidelines, strategies and processes.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree (Business or Technical such as Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry preferred) and 5 plus years' experience in Lubricant Sales or Lubricants Business; MBA a plus
- Strong customer focus, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to lead through influencing.
- Business & Financial acumen: Proven ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial data to assess market value and BASF value in the market. Ability to use this information to develop strategies and financial plans to maximize value for BASF. Makes value propositions that differentiate BASF from other competitors.
- Organizational Awareness: Strong understanding of BASF's and our competition's range of products and services preferred; ability to network, build relationships and leverage resources across the organization (regionally and globally.)
- Communication & Interpersonal Understanding: Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence and impact; relates to and adapts communication style to senior executives both within and outside of BASF; skill in presenting value propositions to senior leadership. Adept in building and leveraging relationships and communicating with all levels of customer's organization. Skill in identifying and managing communications with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to inspire and coordinate others; experience managing virtual and matrix teams. Skilled in getting results from others without direct reporting lines. Ability to lead, coach and develop team members.
- Proven ability to drive growth (new business) through solid account planning and strategy, innovation, and building solid relationships at multiple levels and functions across the customer's organization.
- Commitment to achieving business line financial expectations relative to portfolio profitability, growth, and costs
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Other Locations: US-California, US-OR-Portland
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals