Vibration Technician - Middle GA-1700398
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF is the world's leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: This role executes all assigned work safely, effectively and efficiently within the general scope of work defined below. Provides feedback on preventive maintenance that might improve the process and notes additional work required on inspected equipment. Responds to emergency or unplanned work as needed, including callouts. Works on plant modifications, expense and capital. Performs duties in a manner that fosters good teamwork between maintenance and operations and is consistent with our vision of maintenance being a high performance work team.
- Comply with all safe work practices; use proper PPE, fall protection equipment, etc.
- Complies with all MSHA Safety and Health regulations.
- Complete preventive maintenance work and provide feedback on any issues.
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs as needed, including callouts.
- Performs laser alignment of rotating equipment.
- Support site as necessary with aligning rotating equipment
- Be capable with laser alignment tools and reporting
- Train / Develop others in alignment skills
- Performs troubleshooting of equipment failures and participates in root cause investigations of major or repetitive equipment issues.
- Manages input to work orders and notifications.
- Collect and analyze vibration data from PM routes and follow-up to issues found.
- Perform all the necessary installation inspections and quality checks on new rotating equipment installations.
- Maintain the vibration PMS in a timely manner (including instrument calibrations).
- Participate in failure analysis for critical issues through the Asset Reliability Team.
- Maintain data integrity within the CMMS as it relates to rotating equipment.
- Precision maintenance practices
- Precision alignment of rotating shafts
- Good computer skills
- Overhaul and installation of pumps, agitators, compressors, blowers
- Performs general mechanic tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Level I Vibration Certification
- Technical training; Associate degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of related maintenance
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fault Analysis (mass unbalance, misalignment, looseness, gearbox, motor, fan, pump faults, and rolling element bearing faults)
- Machinery balancing experience
- Predictive Maintenance experience in Laser Alignment and Ultrasound technology.
- SAP experience preferred
- AMS Machinery Manager Software experience preferred
- CSI 2130/2140 experience preferred
- Knowledge of IR technology for rotating equipment
Primary Location: US-GA-Mcintyre
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts