Site Manager - Erie, PA-1700354
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Manufacturing at BASF consists of a diverse group of employees, including engineers, operators, technicians, chemists, craftsmen, logistics professionals, and support services who work collaboratively to drive product creation and implementation. From process analysis and optimization, to product production and material movements, plant design, plant construction, and the commissioning of major production facilities, Manufacturing at BASF calls for specialists with exceptional technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge. Efficiency, excellence, and safety of our manufacturing operations ultimately ensures that BASF products meet the needs of its customers.
BASF Catalysts & Technologies is a global operating division with multiple sites. This position vacancy is located at the Erie, PA manufacturing facility.
Site Manager provides leadership, direction, and focus for all manufacturing activities at the Erie PA manufacturing site. This includes leadership for EH&S, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Operational Excellence, Engineering, Technical, and all capital projects necessary to support Process Catalyst and Technologies growth plans. In addition, the position ensures that all processes and activities comply with BASF policies, regulations and our values for safety, quality, environmental and financial stewardship. Site Manager is the BASF interface with State and local agencies on BASF's behalf and to represent BASF's interests.
Formula for success. You will..
- Lead the Site Team to excellence in EHS performance; manufacturing capability; as well as customer expectations in quality, service, and delivery.
- Drive a culture where continuous improvement, breakthrough performance, and an enjoyable work environment are expectations of all team members.
- Identify and manage all operational risks including EHS, regulatory, quality, cost, equipment optimization, and reliability.
- Develop and implement budget, objectives, personnel plans, inventory management, and capital plans that align with the strategic objectives of the CCP business.
- Develop and implement manufacturing and asset strategies to ensure assets are aligned with business strategies; that ensure technology transfers are issue-free; as well as provide for reliable & flexible product availability while maximizing asset utilization.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for success. What we look for in you.
- BS degree required. Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- MBA is considered a strong plus.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated leadership experience in manufacturing in a variety of positions and/or operations required
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly managing others required
- Experience managing PSM regulated processes preferred
- Experience in industries which serve the chemical industry preferred
- Demonstrated track record of manufacturing achievement in the critical success areas of EH&S, cost reduction, quality improvement, asset optimization, and application of leading edge methods and technologies.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with ability to analyze complex technical, operational and financial data and develop effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence people at all levels in the organization, customers, suppliers and other external contacts that allows for achievement of substantial results through others.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build strong teams, coach, influence and guide employees, and the ability to recognize and develop talent throughout the organization.
- Track record for creating continuous change and improvements in the culture, facilities and technology.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience considered a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount to success in this role.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-PA-Erie
Function: GEMA - General Management
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts