Product Manager - Concrete Admixtures - Beachwood, OH-1700470
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Product Manager, Concrete Admixtures to join our team. Our Master Builders Solutions brand, with over a century of innovations, provides customized chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair and restoration of structures.
Product Manager, Concrete Admixtures (1700470)
As a member of the Admixture Systems Marketing team, you will create and implement product line growth strategies to maximize near and long term sales and profitability. You will lead cross functional teams through the phase gate process to ensure all aspects of process are completed and the new product is prepared for an optimal market launch. You will also promote, train and market technology acceptance within the assigned product line to accelerate the acceptance and sales of existing and new products.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Drive Market Awareness and Acceptance of New Technology
- Coordinate and participate in field evaluations for this new technology
- Validate the value proposition at all levels of the concrete construction value chain.
- Serve as an expert resource in concrete materials research/testing as it pertains to this new technology.
- Organize and participate in training for the entire construction value chain
- Act as a Company expert on this new technology.
- Support the creation of technical and promotional content.
- With the local sales person and the project team, lead the effort to close the new technology sale.
- Working with the local Sales Team and through direct customer contact, determine current and future customer needs and communicate these needs to the organization
- Develop product strategies and plans for products within the product line.
- Develop product line and product investment postures, generic product strategies (e.g. differentiation, price-based, time-based,) and associated market/technology tactics, position products, develop and communicate product/offering value propositions, develop and communicate product and technology road-mapping, orchestrate competitive use of standards and certifications, define product and technology platforms, set targets for product quality and value, and define and implement flexible service offerings
- Develop, secure approval for, and execute a strategic product line marketing plan each year
- Participate in pricing for the Product(s)
- Participate in setting and implementing product price bands, exception policies, and annual price increases
- Capture and synthesize BASF and competitive product/technology performance information, competitive pricing information, customer value propositions, and delivered cost information into appropriate, optimized pricing bands and strategies
- Set pricing bands for new products
- In coordination with the Manager of Communications, orchestrate product-specific communications and communications events.
- Design/orchestrate development of marketing and sales materials including PowerPoint presentation sales tools, data sheets, brochures, spreadsheets, software programs, published papers, demonstration kits, advertisements, press releases, industry literature, and materials required to successfully execute tradeshows and seminars
- Orchestrate/participate in seminars and tradeshows
- Manage product documentation
- Identify, develop and manage product-focused strategic programs.
- Conceive, define, plan and lead execution of product-based value-added programs and tools.
- Support new technology based sales development and training.
- Develop, distribute, and at times deliver product-based customer value propositions required to drive sales
- Serve in leadership/influence roles in associations/committees that can set/influence product and technology direction
- Develop and deliver sales training materials coordinated through Sales
- Serve as a team leader (and in some cases, serve as a team member) on cross-functional NPP project teams.
- Support the New Product Process (phase gate) launch team. Support development of the integrated project plan, communicate it to the team, evolve it over time. Support development of the integrated business plan to be assessed at stage-gate reviews. Oversee and/or execute development of project and growth platform ECVs. Resolve project execution issues.
- Develop, with the NPP product plan including price, cost, quality and performance objectives, performance attributes, and manufacturability.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5+ years of total experience required in sales, marketing, or construction/concrete industry.
- Sales or Marketing experience directly with concrete admixtures or technical (Architectural/Engineering) environment a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with the engineering and specification community preferred.
- Experience in running broad-based marketing programs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, to build teams, to serve as a team member, and to infuse teams with functional marketing and product management expertise.
- Demonstrated influence skills. Able to influence individuals across all functional organizations and at all levels.
- Good presentation and communication skills. Can articulate ideas and findings to senior and executive management.
Primary Location: US-OH-Beachwood
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America