Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Compliance Engineer to join our Agricultural Solutions division in Beaumont, TX. We develop and produce innovative chemistries providing herbicides to assists farmers in meeting the growing demand for improved agricultural productivity. BASF Agricultural Solutions mission is to help today's growers meet the challenges of tomorrow's hungry world.
This is where you come in.
Compliance Engineer (1700312)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Review of daily environmental compliance records and periodic reporting requirements
- Follow-up, track and ensure timely closeout of environmental related action items
- Be the unit contact for Agency inspections / audits
- Provide unit-specific coordination, preparation, and maintenance of environmental compliance between internal audits
- Act as unit contact for all data required for completion of environmental reporting, new environmental permits or changes to existing environmental permits
- Develop and implement processes (both equipment based and administrative) to achieve compliance with environmental regulations
- Support and provide input into the Site's environmental strategy
- Provide engineering based continuous improvement solutions for minimizing the impacts of environmental processes (including waste minimization)
- Support efforts to obtain new or revise environmental permits
- Develop and provide support for environmental training of production personnel
- Participate and provide expertise (as necessary) in PHAs
- Ensure compliance with waste management activities
- Act as MOC & Action Item support/governance/lead
- Monitor and provide guidance for the achievement of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets
- Generate and complete MOCs; revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operations
- Participate in micro / finite production planning & scheduling
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation
- Define strategic & non-routine activities, then support scheduling of shift work
- Ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, and operation drawings
- Provide technical and administrative support to operations, maintenance and the business in support of the production plan
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production and quality incidents
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and knowledge transfer for troubleshooting assistance to the Daily Production Execution team
Capital Project Support
- Support permitting efforts by supplying process / operating data for capital projects
- Ensure project meets applicable regulatory requirements for environmental compliance
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.