We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Applications Engineer who will provide technical and engineering expertise in support of our Mobile Emission catalyst products, system technology designs, product demonstrations, and technology delivery.
Formula for Success: You Will
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Candidates are required to have 5+ years' work experience. With at least 2 of those years being customer facing experience in one of the following disciplines powertrain engineering, powertrain component technical sales, the automotive emission control industry, or emission control catalyst research
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with key decision makers at BASF and customers.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 30%-50% of the time.
- Experience with emission system engineering and design
- OEM powertrain or OEM technical interface experience
- Knowledge of global emission regulations and related design requirements
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Other Locations: US-NJ-Iselin
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts