At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
District Manager - Ag Products (Northern AL, MS & LA) (1700353) Remote Position
We're looking for a District Sales Manager to act as the face to BASF field staff, to the marketplace and to key industry stakeholders or trade organizations. As a District Sales Manager you will have responsibility for leading the retail & grower focused resources within your geography, including managing both direct reports and influencing indirect reports.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage sales, people development & customer engagement targets within your geography
- Achieve targets by leading your team in translating and deploying the national marketing strategy/messages into sales execution plans for their local area(s), while acting as an advocate for BASF & the agriculture industry
- Establish and cultivate a culture of high performance that seeks continuous improvement, and which embraces the need for practice & constant communication
- Bring constructive input & feedback regarding processes, needed investments and proactively engage in cross district exchanges aimed at speeding the delivery of best practices and deployment of new tactics or ideas
- Promote staff engagement, cultural values and embrace the use of data beyond sales figures as key characteristics of a successful field sales staff
- Act as a key spokesperson for BASF's internal and external communications with employees, customers and the marketplace
As a District Sales Manager, your Leadership Core responsibilities will include
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Where you'll work
You'll be based in the Jackson, MS area and managing a team of Sales Representatives in the Southern portion of the Mississippi Delta -- Northern AL, MS & LA. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.