Business Financial Manager; Home and Personal Care Solutions- Flroham Park, NJ-1700319
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Business Financial Manager for our Care Chemicals division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com
Business Financial Manager (1700319)
You will be based at the North America BASF headquarters in Florham Park, New Jersey, reporting to the Director Business Controlling Care Chemicals and serves as a key business partner to the organization, providing strategic counsel and support to the Home and Personal Care Solutions business leadership. You will be responsible for the ongoing management of strategic and operating financial plans, reporting & analysis, and ensuring that corporate financial policy and procedures are followed. You will also provide oversight for relevant financial performance assessment, forecasting, and target setting processes. To foster a high performing organization, you will coach staff as appropriate and support capability development.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Understand the Home and Personal Care business segment's product offerings, differentiation in the marketplace, channel to market, and supply chain.
- Prepare and coordinate various financial reports and economic data. Utilizing financial background to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the business's financial results. Interpreting the results of external and internal business trends to provide advice and counsel for decision making.
- Provide oversight for the financial performance assessment, forecasting, and target setting processes, including results summaries for appropriate forums. Advising management on financial and economic planning and guiding management in review of the actuals compared to operational plan, prior year, and/or forecasts.
- Advise the business team and financial management on the financial consequences of various business decisions and alternatives including pricing scenarios, break-even computations, product mix changes, terms of sale, inventory modeling, capacity expansions, etc.
- Interact and partner with the Home and Personal Care Solutions business management to understand strategic business plans and their effects on short, medium and long term financial plans.
- Act as the financial representative in key customer negotiations.
- Serve as a change agent within the business, proactively identifying and implementing opportunities for key process efficiencies to improve overall business and financial operations.
- Lead in the management and development of assigned financial staff to maximize efficiency, ensuring clarity in accountabilities, and cultivating global competencies amongst the team.
- Ensure maintenance of sound internal controls
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- B.S. Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent is required. M.B.A. and or CPA are strongly preferred
- 8 years of broad-based financial management and accounting experience, ideally in a global process driven manufacturing company.
- Experience with economic evaluations and cash flow modeling as well as financial planning and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and practice including cost accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation, budgeting and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with the courage to challenge the status quo
- Must be highly motivated with strong self-directed capabilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels and exhibit the potential for significant future career growth.
- Strong PC skills in MS office applications and automated financial systems is essential.
- Knowledge of SAP software is highly desired
- Prior leadership experience preferred, either by direct management responsibility or by cross-functional and/or global project team leadership.
- Travel 5%
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA