Product Manager - Biocides and Optical Effects - Florham Park, NJ-1700349
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Care Chemical division at our Florham Park, NJ location. The Product Manager for Biocides and Optical Effects in North America will focus on driving revenue and profit growth and be responsible for:
P&L of assigned product groups for NA region
- Responsible for the margin management of the assigned product line for NA
- Ownership of pricing and overall pricing process
- Ensure volume and value growth according to the budget and long-term strategic plan
- Develop limit and target price as guidance for sales team
- Cost and complexity optimization of related product group
- Customer bids and contracts
- Contract management for tollers and/or suppliers
- Business planning and financial forecasting
- Initiate activities to reduce costs from the system, including overall supply chain optimization
- Joint sales calls with account managers to understand customer / market needs
- Coordinate growth projects across business functions and/or divisions
- Support Marketing in set up systems for new product introductions
Product Group Strategy
- Lead product group strategy for NA and support the global strategy
- Monitor competitive landscape and define actions to gain profitable market share
- Interact with Marketing to identify unmet needs per market segments
- Lead global initiatives as required including global product harmonization, global product quality, minimum margins, product rationalization, etc.
- Actively participate and decide on product related topics on supply chain, planning, quality, regulatory, product allocation, etc.
Regulatory Interface - Biocides
- Manage fixed costs including the costs of maintaining and Utilizing the state by state and federal registrations for biocides
- Interface weekly with Quality and Technical on biocides topics
- Manage registration of formic acid as a capital project with timelines, responsible parties, etc
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- BA/BS required preferably major in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other technical field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in commercial / business roles such as sales, marketing, product management or procurement. required
- Demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen are required.
- Knowledge of pricing & planning processes and techniques, business planning methodology is essential.
- Experience with FIFRA preferred.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation desired.
- Ability to work in a multitask environment while maintaining effective prioritization.
- Experience in working in complex, interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA