Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis - Florham Park, NJ-1700318
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join our Care Chemicals division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (1700318)
You will be based at the North BASF America headquarters in Florham Park, New Jersey, reporting to the Director Business Controlling Care Chemicals and be responsible for leading the regional business analysis, monthly forecasting, reporting & annual planning for Care Chemicals North America. In this key position, you would act as a role model of true business partnering to advise business management on the financial implications of various business alternatives with regard to market pricing, and working capital issues.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage all regional and global reporting and planning requirements, and develop strong lines of communication across the Business and across BASF's North American financial organization in order to evaluate the financial impact of proposed new ideas and challenges.
- Act as key-point-of-contact for regional and global controlling; providing thought leadership for continual reporting and process improvements.
- Lead the analysis and preparation of timely regional business updates for top management, including the development of multiple monthly presentations and financial walks for both legal entity reporting and regional market performance reporting.
- Prepare and steer Financial Reporting Compliance process
- Manage Care Chemicals North America regional FP&A organization
- Develop and coach team members to realize their potential
- Drive and coordinate year-end closing and all project related reporting for key business initiatives.
- Coordinate the annual Regional budgeting process, including the calendar, consolidation of figures and development of presentation.
- Ensure alignment of key messages and financial information with Global and Regional stakeholders.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or financial related field required. MBA with a concentration in Finance or CPA would be strongly preferred.
- 8 years of relevant financial or accounting experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels. Entrepreneurial spirit, with the courage to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to identify, lead, drive and support change management opportunities aimed at continuous improvement.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. SAP experience required
- In depth knowledge of financial systems and global reporting systems
- Strong management reporting experience as a business partner required
- Prior leadership experience preferred, either by direct management responsibility or by cross-functional and/or global project team leadership.
- Travel 5%
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA