Regional Account Manager, Care Chemicals - Florham Park-1700243
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Regional Account Manager, Oleochemicals, to join our Care Chemical division.
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage accounts in order to achieve or exceed an agreed business plan. Expected to accomplish through a collaborative selling approach.
- Prospect for new business to drive asset utilization and support organic growth targets. Work together with Product Managers to identify other key customers and develop a strategy for capturing new business opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts and implement price increases.
- Manage lead generation and closing of new business opportunities.
- Increase market intelligence by bringing information about industries, competitors and customers back into the organization.
- Support implementation of business strategy by translating into respective account plans for respective accounts. Improve understanding of market / customer needs by penetrating the customer beyond procurement.
- Build a strong network with the customers and internal stakeholders.
- Create individual account plans and drive the implementation of plan.
- Implement customer segmentation and business rules
- Manage call reports, weekly and monthly reports, reporting of any key intelligence data collected, lead documentation, price, and margin management of customer portfolio
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/BA required; Major in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or a related technical field preferred
- 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, business or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to work in a multitask environment while maintaining effective prioritization
- Proven track record of successful customer interaction; relationship building
- Requires strong negotiation skills, innovativeness and customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Solid commercial and financial acumen
- Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA