At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Margin Analyst, Value Chain Optimization to join our Care Chemical division.
In the North American Care Chemicals Division, we develop, produce and market a comprehensive range of products for personal care, home care and industrial & institutional cleaning, agricultural chemical additives as well as various technical applications. Our range of products fulfills the highest standards regarding safety and sustainability. As a result of focused research and development, we are a preferred partner of our customers worldwide.
Margin Analyst, Value Chain Optimization (1700350)
You will support five businesses in North America (Home Care, Personal Care, Agricultural Chemicals, Oleochemicals and Formulation Technologies). These products are produced in several US assets as well as imported from the BASF global network.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide analytical support and tools for pricing decisions & business steering
- Analyze monthly results and identify improvement potentials. Work with AMMs to reduce under-performing transactions
- Perform analyses for business case and strategic projects to improve asset contribution and customer/product margins (e.g., complexity reduction)
- Capture information on won and lost deals / results from negotiations with top accounts (from sales) to enhance market driven pricing capability
- Update product cost structures based on raw material prices developments and manufacturing input
- Analyze fixed costs to validate CM targets / pricing levels based on volume tiers
Preparation and follow-up on Margin Management Meetings
- Manage preparation, documentation and facilitation of quarterly margin management meetings
- Analyze margin and value chain performance based on defined standard templates as input for Margin Management Meeting
- Summarize market input from sales and present to the team
- Work closely with raw material sourcing to estimate impact of forecasted raw material price changes using the TE$A tool
- Coordinate with all SBUs and regions
- Track feedback on price increases from all sales channels and report on progress in order to estimate impact of announced price increases
Drive cost-savings initiatives
- Project Manager value chain optimization projects (i.e. cost savings initiatives, raw material qualifications, etc.)
- Lead monthly meetings on continuous improvement focused on cost reduction with AMM, Supply Chain and Operations teams
Ensure harmonization of pricing & other processes, data mgmt., tools and reports and drive compliance
- Provide training/support on margin diagnostic tools across AMM community and share best practices
- Maintain systems and monitor implementation of business processes (Price bands, SharePoint, intranet)
- Identify requirements for process, tools, reporting improvement and drive actions
Process pricing intelligence for standard products
- Monitor market price or indices development as well as competitor press releases
- Compare competitor's pricing strategy to industry cost curve (for large standard products)
- Monitor PIERS data (import / export statistics) to provide competitive intelligence on product shipments
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.