Maintenance Engineer; Gordon, GA-1700228
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Maintenance Engineer to provide tactical focus plant assets and provides leadership in the execution and sustainability of maintenance processes in the plant as well as provide technical expertise supporting the Mechanical Integrity program execution and the predictive/preventative maintenance programs for the plant.
Maintenance Engineer (1700228)
Formula for Success: You will
- Provide tactical focus on maintaining plant assets and provides support to the site storeroom warehouse.
- Provide support for the Storeroom Manager to help determine spare part requirements, effective stocking levels and helps manage equipment rebuild programs.
- Provide technical support in the purchase of storeroom spare parts. Works with operations and maintenance on critical spare parts lists and the management of asset and equipment BOM's.
- Review equipment BOMs and ensuring adequate spares are stocked for critical equipment.
- Provide technical expertise supporting the Mechanical Integrity program execution and will support predictive/preventative maintenance programs for the plant.
- Participate in the root cause analysis of failures, developing and implementing corrective actions, identifying and pursuing mechanical/reliability improvement opportunities
- Assist in evaluating recommendations on inspection and analysis reports and initiating appropriate action to resolve mechanical integrity issues.
- Will work closely with on-site contractors that provide inspection services and labor for the predictive/preventative analysis functions.
- Will communicate with multiple levels of the organization, both internal and external, to provide accurate information concerning the integrity of all equipment on the plant site.
- Assist the Storeroom Manager providing engineering support when necessary.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You...
- BS in an Engineering discipline or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge/experience of maintenance processes including current preventative and predictive maintenance programs, Reliability Centered Maintenance, mechanical integrity and risk based inspections programs, and root cause analysis methods preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Experience with spare parts management and procurement is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary to interact across multiple layers of the organization
Primary Location: US-GA-Gordon
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals