Quality Assurance Specialist-1700256
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to plan and coordinate the quality assurance activities for third party contract manufacturing sites and bulk distribution terminals for the Agricultural Products North America (APN) organization based in the Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC.
Quality Assurance Specialist (1700256)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Establish and implement guidelines related to Quality Assurance practices, and cross and microbial contamination prevention for 3rd party contract manufacturing sites and bulk terminals.
- Plan and conduct Quality Assurance and Contamination Prevention audits at third party contract manufacturing sites and bulk distribution terminals to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Ensure continuous improvement and drive resolution for QA non-conformances related to manufacturing and analytical testing with the appropriate personnel. Ensure effective root cause analysis and corrective actions are defined and implemented.
- Oversee the development, implementation and compliance of controlled product assurance plans and other QA related documentation.
- Track product and process non-conformances for trends and process improvements.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BA/BS degree with relevant experience. BA/BS degree, in Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, or Continuous Improvement role within a manufacturing environment.
- Auditing certification, or obtainment of certification within 6-12 months of hire.
- Proficiency in Office programs (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Willing and able to travel 25% of the time.
- Working knowledge in development and implementation of Quality systems (ISO 9001, Lean Manufacturing principles).
- Familiarity with Operations and Laboratory procedures and practices in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with Non Conformance Management processes.
- Microbiological prevention and testing.
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America