Production Operator #1-1603689
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Production Operator#1 responsible for all aspects of personal safety, product quality, packaging, as well as mixing. The Production Operator will manufacture quality finished goods and manage raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
In addition, the following activities will be performed by the Production Operator:
- Conduct visual inspection of operating equipment to determine current operating status;
- Work from both verbal and written instructions of Shift Supervisor, standard procedures
- Ability to read schedules of the day to day operations;
- Work 12-hr Continuous Shift as designated by management, and perform fair share of overtime duties, if required;
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas and assist in general cleanup as assigned;
- Contribute to the success of plant goals & objectives through participation in activities to further advance safety, quality, costs, productivity and morale throughout the plant;
- Participate in all required safety training and wear proper personal protective equipment when working in the plant;
- Work well with others in a team environment;
- Ability to wear a respirator mask as per need
- Perform the procedures in the Big 5 (Safe Work Permit, Lock Out Tag Out, Line Break, PPE, and Hot Work) after appropriate instruction;
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor;
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Demonstrated Experience in:
- Safety mindset
- Willingness and ability to create and adapt to change
- Competencies of accountability and ownership
- Meet or exceed standards for attendance
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support of plant operations
- Flexibility in changing work priorities on short notice
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team skills
- Assists in helping others complete tasks while effectively completing own tasks
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Mature dependable judgment when dealing with others. Exhibits good judgment in asking for help.
- Good understanding of general routines and procedures; skilled in the operation of relevant equipment.
- Applicants must be able to lift weights of up to 60 pounds.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-CO-Brighton
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America