EHS Specialist I (Environmental) - Cincinnati, Ohio-1700306
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an EHS Specialist position in the Ohio-Michigan-Canada Hub located in Cincinnati, OH.
EHS Specialist I, Environmental (1700306) Cincinnati, OH
You will report to the Hub EHS Team Leader and provide professional, technical support for environmental compliance through a shared services concept for the Cincinnati manufacturing facility. You will ensure compliance, coordination, and continuous improvement of environmental programs and projects. This includes providing regulatory expertise and ensuring compliance through support of site compliance assurance process.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide leadership on all aspects of environmental standards. Review applicable standards and provide interpretation to the site. Advise site management and the EHS hub management of compliance concerns.
- Develop strategies and programs to ensure compliance to new federal, state or local regulations
- Maintain and monitor existing environmental programs while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Support process safety programs and initiatives through coordination and collaboration with Hub resources and the Center of Expertise (CoE) to ensure continuous improvement in Process Safety.
- Use of electronic management system tools to ensure environmental tasks are managed at the site.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS Degree is required; a degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Engineering/Sciences, is preferred. Two or more years of experience in implementing Environmental programs in a manufacturing arena is required. Candidates need to have detailed knowledge (theory and application) of the environmental disciplines (air, water, solid waste).
- Experience with Federal and State environment regulations (Title V, MACT, RCRA, EPCRA, NPDES, LDAR.)
- General working knowledge with process safety methods and programs.
- Strong skills related to teamwork, interpersonal relationships, communications, customer-focus, work management and results orientation.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) are essential.
- Knowledge/experience with EHS management systems.
Primary Location: US-OH-Cincinnati
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety