At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Technical Service Representative to provide technical positioning and support to both internal and external customers in Western North Dakota (Bismark area). This role will also interact with BASF Technical Service Representatives, Biologists, Business Representatives and Innovation Specialists in Eastern Montana and Western South Dakota.
Technical Service Representative (1604230) Western North Dakota (Remote Position)
As a Technical Service Representative with BASF Corporation, you will assume responsibility and leadership for all technical elements (labels, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning of BASF products) for your assigned territory. You'll be responsible for supporting BASF Business Representatives, Innovation Specialists, Strategic Account Managers and a defined list of external customers in your territory, ensuring that marketing, sales and technical positions are in alignment.
You'll be accountable for technical support of the BASF product line to the BASF business representatives and customers with the objective of meeting or exceeding established sales goals, while reducing liability costs and maintaining the technical integrity of product positions. Support of the sales organization to achieve income objectives occurs primarily via direct interaction, and by influencing key external customers. Regular interaction with Marketing Managers, Business Representatives, Strategic Account Managers, Technical Marketing Managers, and Biology (R & D) is imperative.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop new potential markets and demonstrate programs to support district, regional and national selling objectives
- Prepare technical materials as needed
- Lead agronomic and product training activities targeted at business representatives, customers, university personnel, and other influential customers
- Monitor and positively influence key centers of influence (COI) such as universities, consultants, and other 3rd parties through relationship building and regular contact
- Provide product information, label updates, and technical results to these COI's
- Administer local demonstration and grant in aid research programs
- Provide customer service call training and assistance to Business Representatives and Innovation Specialists
- Train Business Representatives and Innovation Specialists on investigative field techniques, and assist with product investigation where necessary.
- Investigate and provide supportive data to meet sales objectives
- Develop field plot protocols, providing needed data to answer product usage questions
- Provide technical link between Biology (R&D) and the marketplace
- Become familiar with new BASF products prior to first marketing year
- Participate and help organize on-farm product testing
Where You Will Work
You will primarily be working in Western North Dakota, with interaction among colleagues in Eastern Montana and Western South Dakota. If selected, you will be requested to reside in Western North Dakota. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
***This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that best matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.***
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.