Business Systems and Analytics Manager-1604184
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently seeking a Business Systems & Analytics Manager for our Crop Protection business (AP) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Business Systems and Analytics Manager (1604184)
As the Business Systems & Analytics Manager, you will oversee all major business systems and analytical output within the US Crop business. This will include the development and operational implementation of a comprehensive Business Analytics Strategy. You will evaluate, oversee and create the analytical output and metrics used to develop business, customer and market insights.
You will also lead a team, whose objective will be to efficiently provide all key stakeholders with high-quality data via easy-to-use, accessible platforms.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide operational leadership over current US Crop Business systems (i.e.: COGNOS, AgHub, SAP Forecasting, CRM, Tableau, 3rd party platforms), ensuring business needs are met, projects prioritized, and regular process functional upgrades and outputs are achieved
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for a team focused on delivering world class analytics, reports and insights to the US Crop Business and stakeholders, including Marketing & Customer Strategy, and Leadership
- Lead support and training on analytical data, tools and output to business stakeholders including: field sales, SAM's, Marketing, Customer Strategy & Executive Management
- Be responsible for key management of external 3rd parties to acquire & support analytical capabilities, including scouting for new technology, partners and capabilities to complement existing analytical platforms
- Manage and coordinate annual procurement of Market Intelligence panel data, ensuring high level of accuracy and usability in the annual budget and 10 year forecast processes
- Lead business team expertise in Point of Sale transaction validation and oversight
- Lead US Crop team CRM implementation
As a Leader for BASF: You Will
- Coach and develop a team to produce strong analytical output to US Crop
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of marketing, sales, business development and/or technical support experience (Time served in PhD work can be substituted for years of experience)
- Business acumen and ability to manipulate & analyze complex data sets to provide comprehensive insights
- Experience overseeing 3rd party vendor budgets and direction setting
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10% of the time, primarily domestic
We Also Look For
- MS, MBA or PhD
- 10+ years of marketing, sales, business development and/or technical support experience
- Experience using Tableau
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America