We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Site Superintendent is the senior manager on shift and has overall supervisory responsibility for all areas of the site, both within and outside of the production units. Included is oversite and coordination of utilities and waste treatment, material movements, off-hours maintenance, security, and emergency response. In this role the Site Superintendent will have a significant responsibilities in the mentoring and development of site supervision. Although all supervisors must be trained and capable of serving as incident commander, the Site Superintendent will serve as primary incident commander when on shift.
Supervisors within the Utilities and Incineration Department report directly to the Site Superintendent. The Site Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the incineration and utilities facilities by managing performance in the areas of safety, regulatory compliance, and personnel. The Site Superintendent will manage the work force responsible for the safe and efficient operation of these facilities by encouraging employee ownership, promoting effective decision making and problem solving, maintaining high standards, and developing direct reports. The Site Superintendent is a 12-hour rotating shift position and reports to the Operations Support Manager.
Formula for Success: The Site Superintendent will
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with all BASF, OSHA, and EPA policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain operational discipline to deliver reliable and predictable operations across all shifts and in all areas of responsibility.
- Hold direct reports accountable for maintaining established performance standards and policies while driving for employee development and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, coaching, guidance, and development to functional and administrative reports.
- Appropriately deal with and resolve personnel related performance issues.
- Provide site leadership and coordination of all activities across the site.
- Make decisions with a site perspective.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- A four year college degree in a technical area with five years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment or high school diploma or GED equivalent with 10 years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to quickly address and resolve equipment and personnel issues.
- The successful candidate must be proactive, motivated, self-directed, and capable of working with limited supervision. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and motivate employees.
Primary Location: US-MO-Palmyra
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America