- Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
- Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
- Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. Our success as a company relies on the personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. BASF is proud to be named #14 on Forbes "America's Best Employers" list. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens
With about 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries, the BASF Construction Chemicals division is the leading supplier of chemical systems and formulations for customers from the construction industry.
This is where you come in.
The Territory Sales Manager for our Architecturally Specified Building Materials will cover the territory of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Territory Sales Manager, Architecturally Specified Building Materials (1700107)
Primary sales responsibility to identify and develop new business through an existing distribution customer base on a daily basis and lead the development of customer relationships at all levels. Perform all necessary sales and marketing activities for both residential and commercial market segments involving core and strategic growth in such a manner as to facilitate sales to end-users. Responsible for identifying customer needs, forecasting sales and developing relationships with key decision makers.
Support corporate sales and marketing initiatives and generate new business within existing customer base by introducing new products and reviewing customer KPI's. Actively engage in account analysis and provide both leadership and training for distributor partners to enhance performance within each distinctive market area.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage $3 to $5 million in direct business to key distribution partners.
- Perform sales planning for district and individual distributors to provide focus at local levels.
- Execute on action items within the plan and take overall accountability for product sales.
- Develop and maintain communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of distributor staff and customers.
- Conduct in-depth sales & product training for each distributor to improve sales performance.
- Lead local market architectural sales including; product training, market presentations and trade show participation (active in local chapter organizations).
- Project tracking and lead generation.
- Complete timely reporting, delivering quota, managing GPM upward, forecasting and managing territory to the expense budget.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Notify supervisor before undertaking work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
- Immediately report unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect him/her and others from serious risk.
- Understand that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of BASF's Vision and Guiding Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.