Technical Service Specialist, Kaolin; Charlotte, NC-1700303
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Technical Service Specialist (1602579) - Kaolin
The Technical Service Specialist is responsible for profitably growing the Kaolin business in industrial markets (e.g., coatings, plastics/rubber, wire/cable, construction, automotive, among others) in the Americas.
Formula for Success: You Will
Drive growth by understanding and fulfilling of customers' formulation needs, identify new opportunities and product needs, initiate new business and support lab projects.
Act as first point of contact for technical information for customers, providing technical service and technical sales support including product presentation and selection, new product introductions, technical inquiries and troubleshooting.
Develop deep and trusting customer technical relationships that ensure access to growth opportunities.
Proactively pursue and focus on execution of customer-driven innovations and new application fields.
Plan, organize, lead, and compile the results of the lab projects in a report for presentation to customer; including application testing, new product evaluation, formulation support and recommendation of next steps especially for products entering commercialization phase.
Identify potential development programs and coordinate with R&D on potential new products concepts, providing expertise and observation to identify potential technical and market opportunities.
Support marketing and sales by providing product, customer, market, and industry information.
Actively participate in industry trade organizations.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
1. Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
2. Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
3. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
4. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
5. Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
6. Execute performance and career development discussions
7. Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
8. Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Business Management, or related.
- 5 years' experience in plastics, rubber, coatings or polymer related experience/background in a customer focused environment
- Strong laboratory skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects, as well as directing others.
- Ability to design and direct laboratory experiments, interpretation of results and designing of follow-up experiments.
- Leadership experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, negotiating and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to achieving business goals relative to portfolio profitability, growth, and costs.
- Marketing acumen, problem solving capability, initiative, and creativity and the ability to effectively influence others and work in multi-functional and diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal, written).
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals