Are you a dynamic team player with entrepreneurial initiative?
Do you enjoy managing relationships with a variety of internal and external business partners?
Are you an effective negotiator?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you
We are BASF, the world's leading chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions. BASF Corporation has over 17,000 employees in North America with sales of over $19.4 billion in 2013. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection to oil and gas. As a reliable partner, BASF creates chemistry to help its customers in virtually all industries to be more successful.
Further information on BASF is available on the internet at www.basf.com
or in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com.
Now this is where you come in
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Trading Manager for Natural Gas in the North American region, to join our BASF Procurement organization.
Trading Manager, Natural Gas (1700300) Bagby Street, Houston, TX
You will negotiate new contracts and manage existing contracts (providing main interface with legal, tax, and insurance) to achieve supply security and a cost advantage for BASF. As part of the BASF Trading arm BASF Intertrade, you will develop and execute 3rd party trading strategies for Natural Gas as well as constantly optimize and improve BASF's own supply situation. This role is located at our Huston, TX, Energy Corridor location.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Ensure that commodities are supplied to BASF consuming plants without production disruption, within parameters jointly set with the Business Units and meeting contractual obligations with third party suppliers.
- Further develop the BASF active natural gas management approach in North America
- Strengthen the BASF market position for natural gas by securing pipeline capacities, storage capacities and establishing new trading counterparts.
- Establish and implement global and regional procurement category strategies in conjunction with the global procurement team and BASF business units.
- Provide timely raw material forecasts to the business groups so they may optimize marketing strategies and profitability forecasts
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.