Material Planner & Scheduler - Beachwood, Ohio-1603821
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
- Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
- Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. Our success as a company relies on the personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. BASF is proud to be named #24 on The Diversity Inc. Top 50 Companies for Diversity. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens
With about 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries, the BASF Construction Chemicals Division is the leading supplier of chemical systems and formulations for customers from the construction industry.
This is where you come in.
The Material Planner & Scheduler in Beachwood, OH will develop, maintain, analyze, administer and coordinate the supply chain schedules for toll manufacturing vendors.
Formula for Success: You Will
Work closely with tolling vendors, product management and sales to purchase, plan production and stock appropriate inventory levels of finished goods for resale including subcontracting, buyout and outsourced materials using SAP history and forecast database
- Make recommendations to product management and customer service to maximize customer service while maintaining appropriate inventory and freight costs.
- Process drop ship, subcontracting, import, stock transfer and third party warehouse purchase orders to meet the requirements of Admixtures, Building Systems and the Wall Systems businesses including assignment of sourcing, consolidation of requirements for freight efficiencies and carrier selection.
- Create and transmit documents required for shipments and returns (purchase orders, bills of lading, customs documents, return authorization forms); posting of goods receipts, issues and returns, together with record retention for locations with no SAP access.
- Monitor and follow up on purchase order status, expediting, communicating by phone, email, fax, and providing resolution of problems with vendors, carriers, internal distribution, brokers, package command center, product managers, supply chain personnel, sales reps, customer service, purchasing, accounts payable, regulatory, materials management and costing.
- Update and maintain SAP master data (tolled materials and vendor communication data) ensuring data integrity
- Reviewing tolled materials at risk of expiration with product management, sales, vendors and technical personnel to determine if shelf life can be extended; research root cause and provide corrective action to control inventory obsolescence / disposal; regular inventory reconciliation, inventory adjustments and batch maintenance as required.
- Verify tolled items are in compliance with company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies. Take immediate action to eliminate significant risk and to propose actions to eliminate non-conformances or deviations.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2+ years in purchasing or supply chain/operations management OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 6+ years of experience in purchasing or supply chain/operations management required.
- Proficiency in the use of MRP / ERP system required, SAP preferred.
- Ability to perform data extraction/analysis/modification using Excel and Access required.
- Must possess the ability to manage complex material flow processes.
- APICS membership preferred.
- Background in chemical industry ideal
NOTE: Relocation is not available for this position
Primary Location: US-OH-Beachwood
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America