At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Performance Materials Group has an opportunity for a Production Engineer in the Polyol area at our Geismar, LA location.
Production Engineer, Polyol (1700179)
You will support the day to day operation of the Polyol plants, providing technical assistance in executing the required production plan. You will need strong leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies. You will be instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise and is a solution provider.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets
- Generate and complete MOCs and revalidate temporary MO's to confirm they are still valid
- Provide Technical Support and troubleshooting expertise to Daily Operational Team for plant problems that occur
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality Incidents
- Participate in production planning and scheduling
- Be on-call and respond to any after hour event that impacts production or EHS
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.