EHS Specialist III (Environmental) - McIntyre, GA-1700169
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our McIntyre, GA chemical manufacturing facility.
Environmental Specialist (1700169) McIntyre, GA
Formula for Success: You Will.
- Maintain and monitor environmental compliance programs for the site while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain and update primarily air permits while providing support with the water and solid waste programs.
- Submit various agency and internal environmental reports.
- Develop and maintain site environmental procedures.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed on compliance and enforcement issues.
- In addition, this position provides support for the safety and industrial hygiene program. These activities involve leading accident/incident investigations, supporting the emergency response program, facilitating EHS meetings and participating in capital project EHS reviews.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required. Environmental regulatory knowledge and expertise are required. Three or more years of experience in implementing Environmental programs in a manufacturing arena is required. Candidates need to have detailed knowledge (theory and application) of the environmental disciplines (air, water, solid waste).
- Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing, mining operations and/or safety/IH regulations is a plus.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) are essential.
- Customer Focus, Team Leadership and Teamwork, Entrepreneurial Acting/Initiative, Results Orientation, Communication, and Work Management skills are essential.
Primary Location: US-GA-Mcintyre
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety