Contact Supervisor - Huntsville, AL-1603581
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Contact Supervisor for our catalyst division to work out of our Alabama site.
Contact Supervisor (1603581)
You will be assigned a 12-hour shift and may be assigned nights and/or days, or rotate after periods of time.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead and supervise employees to ensure all housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are understood and followed. Take immediate steps to correct any unsafe working conditions.
- Control company products and resources to prevent loss and keep cost at a minimum.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems, according to company policies and procedures.
- Participate in hiring process to include screening and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire.
- Ensures team meets department goals such as: productivity, first time through (FTT), rework, scrap, precious metal control and deliverables.
- Enable team to become more self-sufficient through providing training and leadership, and in coaching team members to assume more responsibilities.
- Pursue continuous improvement in assigned area of the department.
- Complete performance evaluations, attendance records and payroll process for assigned employees.
- In conjunction with Shift Manager, will interview, investigate, and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including making recommendations for termination of employment.
- In conjunction with Shift Manager, plans material, resources, staffing, and flow of materials/work etc. through department and ensures new technology, process and/or procedures are smoothly transferred into daily activities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years related manufacturing work experience required; relevant military experience will also be considered.
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military setting is required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required, excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, highly motivated environment.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Experience in catalyst manufacturing is a strong plus.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-AL-Huntsville
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard