Leading Functional Expert, Transportation Management Surface - Florham Park, NJ-1700094
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on
our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Leading Functional Expert, Transportation Management to join our team.
Global Center of Expertise for administrative and physical logistics with functional governance for all services (Transportation Management, Customer Order Management, Suppply Chain service design, etc.) and capabilities and functional management for site logistics operations within the regions (South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America) depending on regional and BU specific requirements. This role will have complete autonomy of setting best practices for each region and.
Leading Functional Expert, Transportation Management Surface (1700094)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Improve the service delivery of BASF towards its customers.
- Increase customer value through globally optimized administrative logistics as part of the end-to-end supply chain.
- Ensure implementation of best practice solutions by close collaboration with operations and global information exchange.
- Improve global transparency on administrative logistics activities and costs enabling continuous service improvement.
- Support the implementation of functional management to the supply chain operations on a global level.
Methodical identification of opportunities for improvement in the area of transportation management for the transport mode surface for inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Creation of global guidelines, business rules, best practices, templates and trainings in the area of transportation management.
- Support of the service operations the regional functional organization (NA, A/P, EU and SA) as well as global units at compliance issues, optimization- and investment projects with the target to realize safety, business growth, savings and cost avoidance.
- Create global transparency about activities/initiatives in the area of transportation management. Evaluate and prioritize measures as well as ensure the harmonization of local/regional activities with sites, regions and the BASF/GS strategy.
- Foster the global and cross functional collaboration. Capture requirements and need for change at the interfaces to BASF customers, business units, external logistics service providers, procurement and shared services.
- Enhancement of the TM expertise of the regional experts in NA, A/P, EU and SA with the focus on functional excellence.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations or Logistics required
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in Supply Chain Operations, Logistics and/or Transportation required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Project Management desired
- Minimum 2 year of experience in working in international environments preferred
- Experience with BASF Organization and BASF Business Processes preferred
- Experience with Transportation Management, Supply Chain and Logistics processes and systems interfaces required
- Experience with Business Applications (MS Office) and SAP R3 and SAP TM preferred
- Global travel will be required as necessary
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (NT)-Regional Functions North America