Supply Chain Planning Manager-1604048
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Located in Research Triangle Park, NC, this position reports directly to the Supply Chain Business Unit Lead. The main purpose of this role is to manage overall supply chain organizational performance, including development / achievement of targets and implementation of best practices.
Supply Chain Planning Manager (1604048)
As the Supply Chain Planning Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Supply Planning & Material Management team that develops 24-36 month rough-cut production schedules, while also supporting material planning aspects for toll manufacturing sites. You will actively interact with local supply chain, plant sites, BASF affiliates and global supply planners. Further, you will be responsible for the supply chain strategy of key raw material planning from internal and external suppliers.
Effective communications and building relationships with stakeholders of many different functions, and organizational levels will be critical to success in this role.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage the rough cut planning process covering ~ 300 skus, 10-15 locations, and a 36-month horizon
- Define, lead and/or participate in projects targeted to specific opportunities, such as the organization's Supply Chain Strategy initiatives
- Partner with Sales and Operational Planning teams, as well as Business Leadership, to develop / implement strategies and plans for business optimization
- Create supply chain planning strategies for key raw materials
- Develop and execute supply chain processes for toll site operations
As a Leader for BASF: You Will Also
- Coach and develop 4-6 team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years' business experience in Commercial Functions, Operations and/or Supply Chain
- Managerial experience, including demonstrated strong leadership skills to lead meetings, direct report(s) and teams
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and building/delivering presentations to various functions
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and intelligence
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills to foster respect, teamwork and problem solving with other internal functions, supply chain and external partners
- Strong competencies must include strategic and analytical thinking, continuous improvement orientation, communication and customer focus
We also look for
- Experience in the Agricultural Business
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to work with fast-changing information and a variety of styles
- Ability to represent the position of various stakeholders in a neutral way
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America