At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Marketing at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
We are seeking a Market Research Manager, Senior to join the Crop Protection Group within the Agricultural Products (AP) division, located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Market Research Manager, Senior (1604177)
As Market Research Manager, Senior you will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Market research strategy for the US Crop business. You will also identify & implement Market Research Strategy across third party vendors that are responsible for completing syndicated, customized, market development and customer development research, as well as pricing elasticity studies.
In addition, you will be responsible for managing all Market Research activities within the assigned budget. You will also analyze all relevant data, while communicating insights & trends across the organization; including alignment and interaction with colleagues across regional and global units.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Design & implement regular communications for both internal and external audiences that communicate timely and relevant insights
- Lead & shape the development of business assumptions that guide the overall strategies for US Crop
- Monitor all assumptions vs. actual market development, and actively communicate deviations across the organization
- Be a thought leader both internally and externally with customers by presenting insights and implications from BASF market research
- Develop and maintain KPI's and communicate weekly to the organization
- Integrate and lead the executive dashboards for US Crop across all market research and marketing vendors
- Communicate regularly with Senior Management regarding business development, market development and the relevant conclusions from all market research activities
- Manage a direct report who is responsible for completing detailed analytical review of all relevant market research data
- Support other members of the sales & marketing team to ensure that company sales and financial goals are achieved
- Participate in cross functional product launch teams to maximize the potential for all BASF product launches
- Identify & recruit talent for positions within the marketing group and BASF
As a leader with BASF, You Will Also
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.