Global Marketing Manager-1700053
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently seeking a Global Marketing Manager to join the Global Professional Specialty Solutions group of BASF's Agricultural Products division, located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Global Marketing Manager (1700053)
As Global Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the financial success of the portfolio in the current budget year, the development of the business strategy, and for providing clear direction for the short and long term profitable growth of the Urban Pest Control segments. You will also lead a cross functional and cross regional team to develop a global portfolio strategy, recommend annual research investments, and create annual marketing plans for lead countries.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop a global business strategy for assigned segments (Includes a fully integrated marketing plan with clear direction, management, and positioning of key products and brands); Strategy should drive alignment across functions in all lead countries
- Be responsible for accuracy of the 10-year global forecast for assigned segments to assure global alignment across all functions
- Develop portfolio road maps for lead countries, with a clear direction on how BASF will grow sales profitability and manage complexity; Market trends, competitive portfolios, regulatory risks, customer needs, and BASF capabilities must be mapped out as part of the portfolio strategy
- Identify market drivers, trends, opportunities for the company; Understand how assigned market segment(s) will develop and how best to position the company for long-term profitable growth; Recommend where to invest in people and how to invest research funds.
- Act as a project manager responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of all global research projects for assigned segments; Ensure proper use of internal systems, organize cross regional core team meetings, encourage active participation from all core team members (particularly members from lead countries)
- Be responsible for gross profit of the portfolio in the current budget year, and accountable for budgeting and design of global market research projects
**This position is eligible for relocation assistance.**
**This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.**
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years' industry experience. (Masters and PhD candidates are welcome to apply. Advance degree may offset industry experience)
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated team leadership experience especially with cross functional teams
- Experience developing, forecasting and launching new products
- Strong communications, team leadership, customer focus skills
We Also Look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Management or related field
- 10+ years' industry experience. (Masters and PhD candidates are welcome to apply. Advance degree may offset industry experience)
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- MS/MBA Degree
- Experience working in Brazil, China, Japan or Europe
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America