We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Louisville, KY Dispersion manufacturing site is seeking candidates for the position of Chemical Operator. This position is responsible for mixing/blending of materials, operation of process equipment, material handling, instrument monitoring, record keeping, and forklift operation. Must follow all safety procedures and act in a safe manner at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Individuals in this position must be an active participant in the site's Journey to EHS excellence and have a Zero Incident Mindset
- Efficiently operate equipment: adding materials at designated times and observing chemical operations; monitor gauges, samples and recorders to ensure timely completion of quality batches per production schedule.
- Adjust controls and valves to maintain systems at specified temperature, pressure and speed.
- Maintain housekeeping at excellent levels, keeping the tanks, floor and reactor deck areas clean.
- Required to operate a forklift and other powered mobile equipment in a safe manner
- Wear necessary safety equipment and follow company established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to read, have effective writing skills and understand work instructions and be able to perform basic mathematical calculations as required.
Must be able to interpret instrument readings.
Must be physically fit, able to perform work and lifting up to 55lbs.
Must have good visual acuity and have good color perception.
- Be able to pass the BASF Pre-Employment tests
- Experience in a chemical plant or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Possess intermediate computer skills (Use computerized process system, Internet, email, etc.)
- Must possess a strong safety mindset
- Must demonstrate an ability to work well in teams.
- An understanding and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, safety and health issues etc. (SDS's, use of PPE etc.) is beneficial
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed working with minimal supervision
- Chemical Operators work a 12 hour shift on a 24/7 schedule (May require nights and/or weekends)
Primary Location: US-KY-Louisville
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America