Customer Care Account Specialist -Huntsville, AL-1700096
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Under the direct supervision of the Customer Care Team Lead, this position is responsible for the entire order fulfillment process. Our dedicated Customer Care Team communicates with confidence and reacts quickly to resolve customers' issues. Whether it's answering a service question, directing customers to the BASF product expert, or following up on a shipment, we consider our Customer Care Team to be our problem solving and solution "champions", delivering winning results to customers.
In addition, at BASF we will provide you with the tools to manage your career. Once established within Customer Care, you may decide this is exactly where your future belongs or you may opt to focus on career opportunities in such areas as Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing or Procurement.
Customer Care Account Specialist (1700096)
You will understand and follow defined Customer Care processes and procedures and serve as the BASF primary point of contact for customers to develop and maintain customer relationships for high profile accounts for North American customer base including Mexico and Canada.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Effectively and efficiently manage order to cash process activities such as expediting, basic returns, back order monitoring, sample and zero-dollar orders, consignment order process, and removing obstacles that may impact customer requirements and BASF's ability to satisfy them.
- Execute Customer Non-Conformance process including investigation and reporting.
- Complete material availability inquiries and price discrepancy reporting.
- Perform concise and timely accounts receivables reconciliation.
- Contribute directly to supply chain initiatives of Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) including managing slow moving or aged inventory reduction via direct interaction with sales/product management and customers.
- Provide consistent quality service and act as a liaison for customers and external service providers.
- Understand and enforce stated business rules and raise awareness to situations where a resolution requires cross functional coordination.
- Support training, trouble shooting and offer solutions to customers including the eCommerce order stream.
- Effectively manage more complex projects and time lines for Customer Care including: organizing clear key deliverables, establishing and meeting deadlines, action item management and resolution, information sharing with stake holders, decision making, collaboration and final presentation.
- Participate in interviewing process, coordination of orientation and training for new hires, secondary trainer for new hires and mentoring of peers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years customer service/supply chain experience OR 6+ years customer service/supply chain experience in lieu of a degree.
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and web-based applications
- Ability to interact with the customer in a helpful and friendly manner and to understand customer needs; ability to work well in a team and manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills; Ability to set priorities and manage time in a dynamic work environment
- Solid understanding of consignment, VMI and customer portals, and eCommerce
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Primary Location: US-AL-Huntsville
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-FSI-Global IT Delivery