At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Functional Solutions Account Representative US Market (1700006)
As a Functional Solutions Account Representative, you will report to the Functional Solutions Manager of the PSS business. You will be responsible for the selling of new enabling technologies that enhance BASF's presence in the pest control, turf, ornamental and landscape markets.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Sell and maintain new functional technologies in PSS
- Work on own to introduce and sell innovations to key end users
- Work closely with territory sales reps to identify potential customers
- Coordinate with Functional Solutions Manager to ensure implementation across PSS functions
- Help develop sales training that can be used by external sales force
- Coach and manage outsourced service team
- Work with vendors to drive constant quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with marketing/communications to develop marketing materials for customers
You Will Also
- Motivate and challenge team to drive high performance
- Commit to innovations and the selling of these innovations
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Where you'll work
You can be based anywhere near a major airport within the continental US. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
75% Travel Required.
This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.