At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Working in a fast paced, challenging, and dynamic environment, Production & Technical Services team members work together to ensure that production processes run smoothly in order meet customer demands. The Production team, which includes operators, technicians, supervisors, and specialists with varying backgrounds, ensures that our plants operate in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner.
The Production Manager role will be based out of our St. Louis, MO site.
Production Manager (1604101)
As a Production Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all shifts of plant production operations. You will also instruct personnel on the application of production methods, standards and adherence to safety programs. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing the hiring of personnel (including the management of a significant on site contingent workforce), as well as ensuring that quality and efficiency standards are met for production.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Coordinate plant production to meet schedules
- Manage staffing, including contingent employees
- Drive production efficiency and quality control / continuous improvement
- Develop work procedures
As a Leader for BASF, You Will Also
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Serve as the role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement the BASF strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.