Sr. SAP/IT Transportation Management - Virtual (with access to any major BASF location)-1604144
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Professionals in Procurement bring to their roles the following skills: a strong working knowledge of procurement operations and enterprise resource planning; good market knowledge; contract negotiation and management.
BASF is currently seeking a Senior Business Solutions Consultant to work virtually, but with access to any major BASF location.
Senior SAP/IT Transportation Management Analyst (1604144)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Consult and support the customer when dealing with more complex IT application questions.
- Consult and support IT analysis, (process and/or data) modeling, consulting, and optimization of more complex business solutions and business models.
- Execute studies in the preliminary stage of projects, including evaluation of purchased software.
- Execute more complex prototyping/configuration and testing of new business solutions based on dedicated BASF business requirements while ensuring quality.
- Provide structured acceptance, analysis and description of more complex customer requirements for all BASF.
- Support and/or steer the formulation of more complex cost estimates for solution Design efforts and for all other relevant project phases as integral part of the project life cycle planning process.
- Create more complex analyses of requirements, including corresponding target group-oriented presentation of the concepts.
- Lead more complex projects including collaboration with internal business partners and external companies.
- Design and lead the development of new IT Solutions within Transportation Management
- Manage targeted application of standardized project management and analysis methods/tools.
- Coach less experienced employees.
- Actively participate in innovation management,
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree is required; a degree in Business IT or Business Economics with emphasis on IT or Informatics with an emphasis on business economics, a strong plus.
Must have 8+years of strong and broad business experience in their principal functional area of expertise. Must also have SAP transactional and/or configuration experience.
Experience in user requirements, analysis, design, development and implementation of SAP LE, TMS, SAP EM, SAP TM 9.x functionalities.
Order-to-Cash and P2P: Expertise in configuration, customizing, modification and support of shipping/transportation Processes.
Master data: Configuration and expertise in Data required for OTC and P2P shipping/transportation processes
Global Travel, required.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: ITSE - Information Technology & Services
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (NT)-Regional Functions North America